Quilts 2011

05 November 2012

Tying Up Loose Strings

This coming weekend is my annual Quilt Retreat at Camp Lebanon in Upsala, MN.  I'm so excited to see the friends that got me started quilting but now live hours away, work on projects, eat yummy food, and laugh/sew into all hours of the night.  Plus, this year I'll be bringing two friends with me for their first experience!  Company for the 3.5 hour car ride? YAY!!

A few weeks ago I told myself before going on the retreat I had to tie up some loose strings in the form of some looooooong overdue WIP.  The one of utmost importance was the wedding quilt that I was in the process of making for my sister and her husband.  For their wedding that happened 3.5 years ago.  Good grief.  It sat with the top all done and sandwiched together BEFORE their wedding happened, just waiting to be quilted and I couldn't get up the gumption to get it done.  But I'm excited to say that on Saturday night I handed it over to them!  Just in time for the cold weather that is sneaking into Northern Minnesota!

Untitled

Excuse the "I'm standing in the closet with my phone trying to get a decent picture" picture.  

My smarty pants brother-in-law was wondering when they would get pillow shams.  I said I was planning on that gift for their 15 anniversary with an expected delivery date of their 20th anniversary.  Take that, mister!  :)

I also finished up a wall hanging that will either go on our staircase wall or in my office at work.

Untitled
This wasn't a long overdue sort of one... has only been in works for a couple of weeks.  My scrap bin was an out of control mess.  I sorted through things and got stuff grouped by color.  Decided to put a little dent in the pile and made this scrappy log cabin.  It makes me happy!  It's quilted with straight lines through the blocks and the sashing is a raindrop sort of quilting.

And who appreciates the quilts the most in the house? 

Rough life
 (He was snoring so loud, laying on his back!)


Time to start getting my stuff packed for the weekend.  I'm going to tackle the Amy Butler Weekender Bag at the retreat!  Off to take notes from hearty souls that have made this bag and survived to tell their tales!  

No comments:

Post a Comment