Quilts 2011

01 September 2012

A Mini Minnie

My precious little niece turns ONE on Wednesday! Where has the time gone?? She's taking her first steps and she is one silly, happy girl. September 5th is a big day in this family... it is my husband's birthday, my sister and brother-in-law's anniversary, as well the Cutie-patootie's birthday! Lots to celebrate!

She has taken a huge interest in Minnie Mouse (which is quite welcomed by her Disney-loving Aunt!) My sister is throwing her a Minnie Mouse themed birthday party tomorrow and the guest of honor has to have a Minnie dress! I bought the polka dots at Mill End back in May and it's been sitting there, waiting for me ever since (a little of it got "stolen" for the apron I made my friend). Since the party is tomorrow and I didn't have a clue what I was going to do, I decided last night it was time to get crackin'! I wanted to do a party dress, with lots of fluffy tulle. After cruising around the internet, gathering ideas and inspiration, this is what I came up with:

I edged the tulle with 1/4" double fold bias tape.


There's also a black fabric skirt under all the layers of tulle.  
Didn't need her showing off her diaper at the party!


On the back are three buttons I made.

I just have to attach the ribbon so it doesn't ride up in the front.  And I may make a diaper cover.  And some yellow shoes.  A Minnie has to have yellow shoes!  Guess I have some work left to do today!

(The Little Minnie approved... as she saw herself in the mirror, she smiled and said "Minnie".  And when we took it off of her she said "NO!" Melt my heart.)

No comments:

Post a Comment