Quilts 2011

30 March 2012

Lucky Week

It must be my lucky week...

On Monday I got a phone call from the owner of my favorite local quilt shop, Hannah Johnson Fabrics.  She was calling to let me know I had won first prize in a drawing the held over the weekend.  I'm now the proud winner of a $50 gift certificate... it's burning a hole in my pocket already!

Then yesterday a messaged popped up in my inbox from Rachel at Stitched in Color.  She had hosted the Festival of Scrappiness for anyone who had completed a quilt top in 2012 that used at least 60% of scraps. (By the way, be sure to check out that link and see all the amazingness that scraps can produce!  Wow!) Since I had made two quilt tops in 2012 using up a bunch of scraps, I thought I'd add mine to the mix.  She had a drawing for all those that had entered and she sent me an email that I had won an Amy Butler 12 pack of Lark fat quarters from Tammy at Marmalade Fabrics! Thank you so much!



I'm on a roll!

Now the joke is I should go buy a Mega Million Lottery ticket since it's up to 500-some million dollars.  I never ever play the lottery, but I may have to buy one today - as someone said, third time's the charm!

Haven't had much time behind the sewing machine this week... was busy at work and at home, plus really, really tired in the evenings.  Like falling asleep on the couch at 7:30pm tired.

On Sunday I had some crafty time though  and made these Tie-Dyed Mickey Mouse shirts.  I've made them before and family friend was heading off to WDW.  Wanted to do something special for them so I got out the dye and made these up.


Tie Dye Mickey Shirts

(The little one is for my niece for when we take her on her first WDW experience on a big family trip next January.  The one on the far right is for a friend who thought her son would get a kick out of them.)

All it takes is some waxed dental floss, a needle, a t-shirt, some rubber bands and some tie dye (I got mine online Dharma Trading Company - it's amazing dye!  The color is so bright and intense.  Plus it lasts.  Way better than the stuff you can get at Michael's and not even in the same league as RIT dye.)

If you're wondering how to do it, here are some directions.  It's messy, but a fun result!  I love me some Mickey Mouse!



1 comment:

  1. congrats on the wins - how fun is that?!?! And what cute MM shirts!

    ReplyDelete